The saying you are what you eat actually holds some truth to it. The food that you choose to put into your body each day can have a big impact in not only how you feel but also how your body functions. An anti-cancer diet really doesn’t differ much from what you should eat on a daily basis anyway, but there are plenty of benefits to focusing on vegetables, fruits, lean proteins, and herbs.
- Containing beneficial phytochemicals and fiber, beans are able to prevent cancer cell reproduction, slow down the division of cancer cells and slow the growth of tumors.
- Phytic acid, folate, protease inhibitors, and saponins are just some of the beneficial properties of beans.
- Packed with the antioxidant beta-carotene, carrots help protect the cell membranes in the body so they cannot be affected by toxins.
3. Black Seed Oil
- More commonly known as black cumin, the black seed can both strengthen and help stabilize an unhealthy immune system.
- Studies have been conducted on patients with pancreatic cancer and as much as eighty percent of cancer cells were killed using black seed oil.
4. Cruciferous Vegetables
- Broccoli, cabbage, bok choy, kale and collard greens are all considered to be part of the cruciferous vegetable family.
- Containing sulforaphane and indole carbinols, these veggies assist with detoxification in the body.
- Detox is a great way to get rid of precancerous cells in the body, especially those that cause mouth and esophagus cancer.
- While it might be a smelly food, the compounds in garlic that give it that strong smell can also speed up your body’s ability to repair DNA and force cancer cell death. There are other foods from the same category that are beneficial as well including chives, shallots, and onions. Anti-inflammatory properties work wonders to help the body feel energized and healthy.
- Similar to the advice you hear about one glass of wine every few nights being beneficial for your health, grapes contain resveratrol which reduces inflammation, fights against free radicals and can lower your cholesterol as well.
- Grapes, blueberries, cranberries, and pomegranates all fit into this category.
- With plenty of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, pomegranates slow prostate cancer growth.
- You can buy the juice as well but make sure you get a 100% pure pomegranate juice.
8. Green Tea
- Sipping on a mug of green tea daily will expose you to polyphenols and catechins which fight cancer cell growth.
- Detoxifying the liver and shrinking cancerous tumors are also side effects of drinking this beverage.
9. Sea Vegetables
- This includes nori, arame, hijiki, kombu and kelp.
- Rich in B vitamins, calcium, beta-carotene, iron and other healing properties, sea vegetables boost
- The t-cell production which is essential for disease prevention.
- Not just for getting big muscles, spinach contains lutein and zeaxanthin which help the body remove unstable molecules as well as free radicals from the body.
- People who consume spinach on a regular basis are much less likely to develop a host of cancers such as lung, endometrial and ovarian.
- Tomatoes are very high in lycopene which is antioxidant.
- Linked to lower levels of prostate cancer, tomatoes have shown to in a number of different types of cancers.
- This sweet summer treat is full of vitamin C and ellagic acid which both supercharge the body and help slow tumor growth.
- This middle eastern spice contains curcumin which is one of the world’s most powerful antioxidants.
- While not everyone loves the taste of turmeric, you can buy it in capsule form and take it orally to reap the benefits.
14. Vitamin D
- Especially beneficial during the winter months when the sunshine isn’t as prevalent as the other months of the year, foods with vitamin D can help boost the immune system, prevent breast cancer and prevent depression.
- Milk, cheese, ice cream and green vegetables are high in vitamin D.
- Fighting inflammation is key when trying to prevent or slow down cancer growth.
- Also, an organic diet helps increase the benefits of eating healthy.
- The more colorful the food, the more you will be able to force cancer cell death, remove toxins from the body and hunt down free radicals.
- Source: fitnezfreak